Responsible for assisting the facilities manager in maintaining the Chicago Urban League’s office building and employee parking lot.
Accountable for minor repairs, mechanical, structural, general cleaning, and maintenance of CUL office building.
Daily duties include but are not limited to:
- Check all light sources including the parking lot and replace bulbs as
- Responds to employee requests for cleaning and maintenance as
- Responds to employee requests in the areas of safety and environmental needs through both personal and work order systems.
- Responsible for shipping/receiving of mail and
- Responds to various requests and work orders for service from HR, security, and executive departments.
Department: Youth & Family Services
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Program Manager of Career Readiness and Development
ACCOUNTABLE TO: VP of Youth and Family Services
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the position is primarily responsible for helping clients identify and realize career goals through personal consultation, and group workshops. The job coach will be responsible for assisting an individual with job skills, long-term workforce success strategies, educational options, communication and social skills.
- Intake and enroll candidates in the Career Readiness Program
- Facilitate group sessions, including, but not limited to: Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Groups, Academic Support/Tutoring Groups, and Work Force Development as outlined in workforce curriculum
This position within the Chicago Urban League’s Housing Department is primarily responsible for providing professional housing counseling services and assistance in all areas of homeownership, rental and/or foreclosures.
- Provides clients with information on all aspects of homeownership from pre-purchasing requirements to foreclosure prevention and rental, with a heavy focus on financial coaching.
- Available to clients throughout the entire counseling process to address any problems and/or answer any questions.
- Maintains client files and program records according to all contractual and grant requirements.
The Chicago Urban League seeks a talented grant writer for the position of Grants Manager to manage and significantly grow the Chicago Urban League’s grants portfolio and revenue. To support the sustainability of the Chicago Urban League’s programs and services, the Grants Manager will manage and coordinate the research, cultivation, writing, and submission of federal, state, and local government and foundation and corporate grants. This individual will lead all aspects of developing successful grant proposals and contracts, coordinate input across the organization as needed, and ensure that the Chicago Urban League remains in compliance with funder requirements by preparing and submitting reports and other documentation.
Reports to: Director of Development
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including the ability to convey seemingly complicated projects in a compelling and persuasive manner.
- Write, prepare, and submit public/governmental grant proposals, reports, letters of inquiry, and other related correspondence, with a major emphasis on public and private grant submissions.
Department: Research & Policy Center
As a senior member of the Chicago Urban League team, the Director of Learning and Evaluation will help strengthen the League’s impact by leading the organization’s learning and evaluation activities across all programs and administrative departments. The Director will provide thought leadership, planning, technical assistance and day-to-day guidance on the League’s internal research activities, and will serve as a resource for the League’s Executive team, department directors and staff.
The Director of Learning & Evaluation has four essential functions:
- Providing Guidance and Recommendations for Program Development
- Leading Organization-Wide Evaluation Efforts
- Developing an Organization-Wide Culture of Learning through trainings, workshops and research summaries
- Providing Research and Writing Support to Development and External Affairs
The Building Engineer is responsible for assisting the Facilities Supervisor in maintaining the Chicago Urban League’s building and employee parking lot. This position is accountable for all repairs (electrical, mechanical and structural), general cleaning, and maintenance of the office building.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Adjusting air and/or heating settings and zones and thermostats for optimal employee comfort
- Checking all light sources in the building and parking lot and replace bulbs as needed
- Coordinating service calls from outside contractors and vendors
- Set up and breakdown for meetings and events
- Responsible for cleaning of restrooms and common spaces throughout the building
- Responsible for emptying trash bins and replacing trash bags throughout the building
- Preparing and maintaining maintenance logs and records